Love from Bengaluru

Namaskara People!

I know it's been a while and I hope you all have missed me! I'm now writing from Namma Bengaluru. Yes, we have moved yet again but this time around we moved into our own home (yay!). 

Bengaluru has been good to us. This city has such an amazing vibe, and I love it. After living in a bubble called Gurgaon, I really appreciate the freedom to walk on the streets without having to worry about being molested or robbed! 

The fact that I can speak the local language is an added bonus. The culture here is so much like that of my hometown - Mangalore... just minus the gossipy aunties! With a zillion eateries to explore, my waistline has expanded and so has my social circle. And I'm definitely not complaining! 

Like every stay at home mum, I have my good and bad days. There are days when I am bored out of my skull, and there are days when I am crazy busy that I forget what I was cribbing about. With the kids in full time school I have a lot of free time on my hands and I've been meaning to get back to a full time job. What that job should be is a question that is yet unanswered. Meanwhile I'm taking up these little freelance design and writing jobs. So let's see how that goes!

Last week both my little people (read kids) took part in their school talent competition. Chi (who is now a lovely almost 9 year-old) sang a solo song on stage for the first time, and that too in Hindi! I was so proud of her. Even though she was a tad bit nervous, she did really well. Chi has so much potential but she needs some gentle pushing in the right direction... probably making up for time I didn't push during her c-section birth!

On the other hand my 6 year-old boy Ki is a much more relaxed personality. He is chatty, friendly and loves reading. And to think about it, there was a time when I thought this child would be illiterate because he would just refuse to read. I would point out at hoardings on the road and ask him to read phonetically, but he would simply refuse. So imagine my shock and amazement when one day (sometime soon after his 5th birthday) I found him reading Alibaba and the Forty Thieves! Since then his love for reading has grown by many fold. Otherwise a very fidgety child, Ki can spend hours quietly curled up with a book.

It's funny about how we mommies worry like crazy about every little thing and then our kids just surprise us. 

Ki took part in the talent show too and did a 4 minute long stand-up comedy routine. I helped him with the content, but he made every joke his own. Until he went on stage, I wasn't sure what he was going to do. I kept my fingers crossed that he would follow the script. Well, he did better. He had the audience in splits and won himself a medal too! The funny boy has since acquired a large fan following and 1K plus views on FB. Now we are worried that fame will go to his head!!!

While being proud of them is part of being a mommy, I keep telling them that if you really want something, then you need to work really hard. There are no short cuts. Always try and do your best in everything you do, the result is immaterial. You win some, you lose some, but the fun is in the journey! (oooh such wise words! You'll will be amazed how wise mommy-hood has made me!)

Toodles now, take care, while I go find my mommy self something new to worry about!

Comments

Popular Posts